The Berri Barmera Council manages and maintains the Berri Cemetery, Barmera Cemetery and the Overland Corner Cemetery, as well as maintaining, with the help of Trustees of ex Service Organisations, the surrounds of the Upper Murray Garden of Memory, for returned service men and women. An Advisory Committee reports to Council on issues relating to Cemetery matters.
Garden of Memory
The cemetery grounds are open to the public twenty four hours a day and parking, toilet and power facilities are available at the Berri and Barmera Cemeteries.
Click here to search the cemetery register.
- All monuments erected at the cemetery must be constructed and fixed according to Council's Management Plan and can be no greater than: Height~1000mm; Width~1200mm; Depth~300mm.
- Monuments are to be of first grade granite, marble or other durable natural stone
- Four Styles of plaques are available for use at any Council Cemetery.
Do's and Don'ts
- No shrubs or flowers are to be planted alongside any beams
- No flowers, containers or other objects are to be placed on the lawn, except for wreaths & flowers placed on a grave at the time of burial
- No ornaments are to be secured to a monument without the approval of the Curator
- Flowers placed in receptacles (no glass) must be located on the concrete beam and shall remain in position until wilted at which time Council employees will remove them
- No monuments are to be erected, altered or removed unless a licence has first been obtained by the Curator
- No burial plots can be reserved except for the adjoining plot for the spouse of the deceased (conditions apply)
- At the Garden of Memory, flowers may be placed either at the base of the Cross of Rememberance or in the vase attached to the rear of the individual plaque.
Locations and Contacts
- Berri Cemetery - RL Gambling Road, Berri
- Barmera Cemetery - McKenzie Road, Barmera
- Upper Murray Garden of Memory - McKenzie Road, Barmera
- Overland Corner Cemetery - Morgan Road, Overland Corner (Approx 20 km's from Barmera)
- Berri Office
19 Wilson Street
BERRI SA 5343
Phone: (08) 8582 1922
Fax: (08) 8582 3029
Email (Berri Cemetery): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Barmera Office
3A Barwell Avenue
BARMERA SA 5345
Phone: (08) 588 2031
Fax: (08) 8588 3330
Email (Barmera Cemetery): email@example.com
- Upper Murray Garden of Memory
Phone: (08) 85865158
(08) 8588 3119