Policies are guidelines to which Elected Members and Staff refer when making decisions on certain issues.
The Berri Barmera Council has developed a Policy Manual which is continually updated to reflect changes in circumstances or if a new issue arises.
The Local Government Act 1999 enables Council to set their own Policies and Bylaws, which, after Council's initial approval are published in the SA Government Gazette before they can be officially enforced by authorised officers of Council.
Amongst these are Policies that are required under legislation and reflect this Council's application of various Acts of Parliament. These compulsory Policies are:
- Access to Meetings - Code of Practice (Public Consultation)
- Code of Conduct - Elected & Committee Members (Public Consultation)
- Code of Conduct for Employees
- Confidentiality Provisions - Code of Practice
- Contracting and Tendering
- Order Making Policy (Public Consultation)
- Public Consultation (Public Consultation)
- Rate Policy
- Review of Council Decisions (Including Handling Complaints)
To access a full listing of Council's Policies, please click on the following link: General Policy Manual as at October 2015