Status of Services and Facilities
1st December 2020
Please refer to the South Australian Government COVID-19 portal for further details on current restrictions.
The health and safety of our community and staff is our priority and the Berri Barmera Council will act swiftly in response to any changes in these directions.
Our Customer Service staff will continue to assist you face to face, over the phone and via email
Phone: 08 8582 1922
- Customer Service Centre, 19 Wilson Street, Berri
- Barmera Library, 4 Barwell Avenue, Barmera
The following facilities are also open to the public
- Berri Visitor Information Centre
- Berri Library
- Rocky's Hall of Fame, Barmera
- Berri Town Hall
- Bonney Theatre, Barmera
- Public toilets
- Barmera Recreation Centre
The following venues are currently closed
- Hayden Stoeckel Swimming Centre, Berri (due to Mechanical Breakdown - scheduled to re-open December 4th
The following density requirements apply:
◾️ Indoor Place (other than a private function)- 1 person per 4sqm
◾️ Outdoor Place- 1 person per 2sqm
People must use their best endeavours to implement physical distancing and remain 1.5m from people they do not know.
The following gathering provisions apply:
- Private function (including wedding and funerals)- 150 people max 1 person per 2 sqm
- Private residence- 10 people per house (unless more than 10 people permanently reside at the residence)
- Private place- 150 people max
- Holiday accommodation- The maximum number of people permitted to sleep at the place as set by the accommodation provider
- Caravan park or camping ground- 6 people max per site and no more than 6 visitors. Children under the age of 16 are not included.
Note- Children and infants of any age are counted in the above gathering and density provisions, other than at caravan parks where children under the age of 16 are not included.
CONSUMPTION OF FOOD AND BEVERAGES
- Food and beverages which are served for consumption at venues (including pubs, cafes, clubs, restaurants, wineries, etc.) must be consumed whilst seated when indoors.
- Food and beverages can be consumed whilst standing or seated when outdoors.
- Communal food and beverages are not permitted.
- If people are sitting at a bar there must be no food preparation taking place.
PRIVATE FUNCTIONS (INCLUDING WEDDINGS/FUNERALS)
- Private functions include weddings, funerals, parties or any other function which is by invite only that is held at licensed premises.
- The function must be in a designated area which has no public access and where possible separate bathroom facilities from the rest of the venue.
- Guests must use their best endeavours to remain segregated from other patrons at the premises.
- The maximum number of people permitted is 150 people and the density provision of 1 person per 2sqm applies regardless of whether the function is indoors or outdoors.
- Food and beverages must have no shared utensils but can be consumed while standing.
- Dancing is also permitted.
COVID Safe Check-In
Any operation with a COVID Safe Plan must also use an approved contact tracing system which includes the COVID-Safe Check in, Scan Tek or any other electronic platform which is approved by the state coordinator. Those who have a COVID Safe Plan will be issued with a QR code which will be attached to the approved plan & must be displayed in the premises/business/venue.
A person who participates in a defined public activity or who enters a venue must upload their relevant contact details. If the system is not working or the person is unable to upload their details they must provide their details to the venue operator & these details must be retained.
A reminder that all defined public activities (other than home health services) must have a COVID Safe Plan which can be completed here: www.covid-19.sa.gov.au This is the responsibility of the person who has care and control of the place or where the place is used by several people the owner/primary caretaker must ensure these systems are in place.
A reminder that a COVID Marshal is required for the onsite purchase & consumption of food or beverages, ceremonies, private function, supermarkets, hardware stores, distribution centres, gymnasiums and fitness centres, swimming pools used by the public, sporting clubs or any event with a COVID Management Plan.
COVID Marshals are not permitted to undertake any other activities where there are more than 200 people. For more information visit: https://www.covid-19.sa.gov.au/business-and-work/covid-marshals
Residential waste collection will continue as normal
HARD WASTE COLLECTION
We are in the final stages of our hard waste collection, with Barmera being the final township. The following collection dates are scheduled:
- Zone 5 collection to commence 30 November.
Please head to our website for details on what can be collected.
Council payments can be made:
- by mail (cheque or money order) as detailed on your notice.
- by telephone using debit or credit card (Excluding American Express & Diners), telephone 08 8582 1922.
- by BPAY facilities as detailed on your notice.
- by BPAY View for further information visit the bpayview website.
- by Centrepay as detailed on your notice.
- Rates payments may also be made via our Website portal
Library members still have free access to a huge collection of eBooks and eAudiobooks.
The Berri Barmera Council will continue to provide service updates on this web page and via Facebook
Thank you for your patience and understanding, please remember to stay safe during these difficult times.
If you feel your mental health is being impacted by the current COVID-19 crisis, support services are available online: