Status of Services and Facilities
Council has applied a range of measures to ensure the safety and protection of our community, stakeholders and employees against the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
Guided by the South Australian Government Roadmap, Council is now able to return to some face to face contact.
We will continue to keep you updated via our Facebook page and website with any changes around council facilities and services.
Our principal office in Berri has re-opened for face to face contact.
Our office hours are 9:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday to Friday.
Due to personal distancing, we have a maximum capacity of 5 people in the foyer at any one time.
Our frontline staff are continuing to deliver services by telephone, email and other methods as required.
The Berri Visitor Information Centre is open for face to face contact, and their operating hours are:
9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday
9.00am to 2.00pm Saturdays
10.00am to 2.00pm Sundays and Public Holidays
Berri Barmera Council Libraries are OPEN
8.30pm - 5.00pm Monday
8.30pm - 5.00pm Tuesday
8.30pm - 5.00pm Wednesday
8.30pm - 7.00pm Thursday
8.30pm - 5.00pm Friday
9.00am - 12 noon Saturday
Sunday - CLOSED
9.30am - 1.00pm Monday
9.30am - 5.30pm Tuesday
9.30am - 5.30pm Wednesday
9.30am -6.00pm Thursday
9.30am - 5.30pm Friday
9.00am - 12noon Saturday
Sunday - CLOSED
What services will we be offering?
We will open under a different service delivery model in accordance with the Stage 1 for Easing of COVID-19 Restrictions: -
- Maximum of 10 people (not counting staff) in the library at any one time.
- Browsing and borrowing services will be available.
- Holds and reservations service.
- Library returns service.
- Public access computer use limited to one 15-minute booking per day.
- Photocopying and printing will be available but with staff assistance.
- Self-borrowing will be available.
- Provision of individual tech help advice as required.
How can I access library Services without coming in?
We are still offering our popular “Call and Collect” service at our Barmera Library and a “Mail Out” and “Home Delivery” service from Berri Library. We also have a range of FREE online solutions for our customers like the Libby app for eBooks and downloadable audiobooks and Press Reader for digital magazines and newspapers. More information on how to access these services is available on our www.berribarmeralibrary.org.au website page under COVID-19 Updates link.
What safety precautions are we taking?
You can be assured that Library staff are taking all the necessary precautions during this period of heightened health risk to ensure our customers are safe. We are:
- Quarantining returns for 72 hours.
- Displaying and following SA Health Guidelines regarding good hygiene practices such as regular staff hand washing and/or sanitising and use of disposable gloves.
- Making sanitiser available for customer use.
- Employing a system to limit library use to 10 public customers at any one time.
- Increasing cleaning of high touch surfaces during the day.
- Displaying signs and floor markings to encourage and maintain social distancing.
- Reducing booking times for Internet Use and cleaning PCs after each use.
- Encouraging customers to limit their time for browsing our collection and borrowing items.
- Re-organizing and removing furniture to maintain social distancing.
- Limiting interaction between staff and customers and employing physical barriers.
Please check our website and Facebook pages for more updates as we navigate the path to some sort of normality during the COVID-19 crisis! Thank you for your patience and we look forward to welcoming our customers back to the library!
In an effort to divert the available hours of our cleaning contractor so as to increase the frequency of cleaning some key toilet sites, Council has decided to close some of these facilities
These public toilets are Open
- Vaughan Tce, Berri
- Marina, Berri
- Bruno Bay, Cobdogla
- Lakeside Jetty, Barmera
- Barmera Bus Bay, Pascoe Tce, Barmera
These site have been closed until further notice
- Foreshore toilets on Lakeside Drive
- Skate Park toilets on Dean Drive
- Lake Vista Toilets on Queen Elizabeth Drive,
- Memorial Oval toilets, Barmera.
As restrictions are now easing and venues are being opened and able to operate. You will need to complete a COVID safe plan and have it available when on site, and provide a copy to council once completed. We must ensure that all groups are using our venues within the COVID – 19 restrictions.
All user groups are required to undertake some surface cleaning during their use. For example wiping door handles of any entrances, bench tops, toilets etc – essentially any touch surfaces.
The cleaners will still be coming in regularly and in some cases for extra cleans if we are aware of any high traffic use.
Please ensure that all social distancing, group numbers and COVID safe procedures as directed by the State and Federal Government is strictly adhered too.
Adherence to this health directive is law, if we find that user groups are not adhering to, or following these guidelines, Council will have no option but to revoke the groups use of the venue.
In accordance with the Roadmap please note the following information:
- Non-contact sport training and competition can commence from 1 June.
- Contact sport: non-contact skills training can commence from 1 June.
- Contact sport: contact training can recommence from 25 June.
- Contact competition cannot yet recommence.
Other key information to note includes:
- Gyms and indoor fitness centres are permitted to open with indoor classes limited to a maximum of 10 participants.
- Social distancing measures must still be followed (i.e. 1 person per 4 square metres and 1.5 metres between people).
- A maximum of 80 people may gather at a venue.
- A maximum of 20 people per room or group is permitted (subject to the 1 person per 4 square metre rule).
It should also be noted that the limit of 20 people (excluding staff) per room will be challenging for some venues which are functionally one very large room including indoor sports courts. The relevant agencies have informed the Office for Recreation, Sport and Racing that over the coming weeks, they will work to develop a safe, risk managed approach to large rooms and they will provide further information on this when available.
Finally, if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact our office or the COVID-19 team at ORSR.COVID19Support@sa.gov.au
We can advise that our sites are OPEN - this includes: Lake Bonney Surrounds, Barmera RV Park and Martin Bend.
As per Government advice
Weekly Bin Collection - continuing as normal, subject to resources. Please follow our Facebook for change notifications
Replacement Bins - please contact our Council staff on 8582 1922.
Waste Transfer station - please contact Cleanway on 8529 7700
Berri and Barmera Depots are closed to the public.