Status of Services and Facilities
Council has applied a range of measures to ensure the safety and protection of our community, stakeholders and employees against the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
At this time all Council Services are continuing to provide face to face contact with social distancing measures in place. This is subjected to change and dependent on current SA Chief Medical Officer advice and as guided by the South Australian Government Roadmap.
We will continue to keep you updated via our Facebook page and website with any changes around council facilities and services.
Our principal office in Berri is open for face to face contact.
Our office hours are 9:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday to Friday.
Due to personal distancing, we have a maximum capacity of 5 people in the foyer at any one time.
Our frontline staff are continuing to deliver services by telephone, email and other methods as required.
The Berri Visitor Information Centre is open for face to face contact, and their operating hours are:
9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday
9.00am to 2.00pm Saturdays
10.00am to 2.00pm Sundays and Public Holidays
Berri Barmera Council Libraries
8.30pm - 5.00pm Monday
8.30pm - 5.00pm Tuesday
8.30pm - 5.00pm Wednesday
8.30pm - 7.00pm Thursday
8.30pm - 5.00pm Friday
9.00am - 12 noon Saturday
Sunday - CLOSED
9.30am - 1.00pm Monday
9.30am - 5.30pm Tuesday
9.30am - 5.30pm Wednesday
9.30am -6.00pm Thursday
9.30am - 5.30pm Friday
9.00am - 12noon Saturday
Sunday - CLOSED
What services will we be offering?
- Browsing and borrowing services will be available.
- Holds and reservations service.
- Library returns service.
- Public access computer use
- Photocopying and printing will be available but with staff assistance.
- Self-borrowing will be available.
- Provision of individual tech help advice
- baby rhyme time and children's activities (abiding by social distancing requirements)
How can I access library Services without coming in?
We are still offering our popular “Call and Collect” service at our Barmera Library and a “Mail Out” and “Home Delivery” service from Berri Library. We also have a range of FREE online solutions for our customers like the Libby app for eBooks and downloadable audiobooks and Press Reader for digital magazines and newspapers. More information on how to access these services is available on our www.berribarmeralibrary.org.au website page under COVID-19 Updates link.
What safety precautions are we taking?
You can be assured that Library staff are taking all the necessary precautions during this period of heightened health risk to ensure our customers are safe. We are:
- Displaying and following SA Health Guidelines regarding good hygiene practices such as regular staff hand washing and/or sanitising and use of disposable gloves.
- Making sanitiser available for customer use.
- Increasing cleaning of high touch surfaces during the day.
- Displaying signs and floor markings to encourage and maintain social distancing.
- Encouraging customers to limit their time for browsing our collection and borrowing items.
- Re-organising and removing furniture to maintain social distancing.
- Limiting interaction between staff and customers and employing physical barriers.
- Contract tracing external meetings.
We can advise that all of our public toilets are open.
You will need to complete a COVID safe plan and have it available when on site, and provide a copy to council once completed. We must ensure that all groups are using our venues within the COVID – 19 restrictions.
All user groups are required to undertake some surface cleaning during their use. For example wiping door handles of any entrances, bench tops, toilets etc – essentially any touch surfaces.
The cleaners will still be coming in regularly and in some cases for extra cleans if we are aware of any high traffic use.
Please ensure that all social distancing, group numbers and COVID safe procedures as directed by the State and Federal Government is strictly adhered too.
Adherence to this health directive is law, if we find that user groups are not adhering to, or following these guidelines, Council will have no option but to revoke the groups use of the venue.
Finally, if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact our office or the COVID-19 team at ORSR.COVID19Support@sa.gov.au
We can advise that our sites are OPEN - this includes: Lake Bonney Surrounds, Barmera RV Park and Martin Bend.
As per Government advice
Weekly Bin Collection - continuing as normal.
Replacement Bins - please contact our Council staff on 8582 1922.
Waste Transfer station - please contact Cleanway on 8529 7700