Council uses a number of mediums to share information with our community;
- On our website
- the front page Latest News section (Project News, Community News and Consultations)
- also What's on this Month for events in our community
- Directly mailed with our rates notices
- Via local Newspapers
- We have a number of Facebook pages
- We will also endeavour to increase our use of Instagram , YouTube, Google Plus and LinkedIn.
We invite everyone who uses these platforms to follow us, we use the username BBCouncil.
Another way to keep informed about events, places of interest in our community, and to receive useful reminders direct to your phone, is by downloading the free My Local Services App from the Local Government Association or the App store.
Simply set the App with Berri Barmera Council as your home Council and decide which reminders you would like to receive. You can set the app to let you know about waste collection days, consultation opportunities, Council meetings or due dates for animal registration. By using the app, you will never put out the wrong bin again!
The App can also be used to access up to date information about events happening all around the state and uses GPS to inform you about local points of interest like libraries and parks.
You can also Report an Issue, and include a photo and GPS coordinates for the location.
Councils E-News emailed direct
If you would like to receive emails relating to Council News with important notifications and reminders, then join Community and Council Connect by following the link below.
The link will provide you the opportunity to receive:
- General Council E-News
- Club Development information (such as Grants and workshop notifications)
- Berri and/or Barmera Business News
- Access and Inclusion Updates
Make sure you click the box next to one or more of the categories that you wish to receive information about. NOTE: Whilst we aim to release 9-10 Council E-newsletters per year, other categories may only be 2-3 editions.