Ways to Pay Your Rates
Methods of Payment
Council rates may be paid:
- by mail (cheque or money order) as detailed on your rate notice.
- by telephone using debit or credit card (Excluding American Express & Diners), telephone 08 8582 1922.
- by BPAY facilities as detailed on your rates notice.
- by BPAY View for further information visit the bpayview website.
- by Centrepay as detailed on your rate notice.
- by Internet as detailed on your rates notice.
- in person at the Council office locations, EFTPOS facilities are available for payments (Excluding American Express & Diners).
- in person at any Post Office.
Payment by Instalments
Payments can be made by four approximately equal instalments. A separate rate notice will be sent for each instalment. The four instalments will be due and payable on:
- 1st September 2020
- 1st December 2020
- 1st March 2021
- 1st June 2021
Ratepayers wishing to make alternative arrangements for payment of rates, must contact Council prior to the due date for payment of rates, approval of any such arrangement will be at the discretion of Council. Find out more about other support options.
Council must receive the rate payment(s) on or before the due date(s) shown on the notice, otherwise under State Government legislation, a 2% fine must be charged for late payment. Further fines must be added each month until full payment is received. Council may sell any property where the rates have been in arrears for three years or more.