Venues and Facilities

Council Venues for Hire

Council offers an excellent range of low-cost, quality facilities for hire around the Berri Barmera District.

Many of the halls are perfect for functions including weddings, dinner dances, large public/member meetings, concerts, swap meets, private parties, and so on.

Smaller rooms are also available, which are suitable for meetings, training sessions, and seminars.

Hire fees

The fees vary for each venue, including hire costs, equipment costs, and security deposits. Indicative fees and charges may be found here, however, it is best to discuss your needs with our property officer to determine specific costs.

Most of our venues offer a discounted rate for community groups.

Hire conditions

Please note that most of our venues require hirers to provide proof of $20 million public liability insurance, or purchase occasional public liability insurance from Council.

Council assesses all applications to hire its venues and has the right to refuse an application or place additional conditions (such as security, reduced on events that are considered high risk.

Please refer to the hall hire terms and conditions on each venue page for more information.

Council halls and meeting rooms for hire

Bonney Theatre

* Soldiers Memorial Hall
* Supper Rooms
* Kitchen

Berri Town Hall

* Len Mahoney Room
* Chambers
* Kitchen

Barmera Stadium

* Sports Hall

* Club Meeting room

Other community events hire opportunities

Hayden Stoeckel Swimming Pool

Community Facilities

* Riverland Brass Band Hall
* Barmera RSL
* Barmera Bowls Club
* Lake Bonney Yacht Club
* Monash Memorial Hall
* Alan Glassey Park
* Berri Senior Citizens Club

Community Owned (Commercially operated)

* Berri Hotel
* Barmera Hotel
* Barmera Club
* Cobdogla Club
* Monash Club
* Berri Tavern

Do I need an event permit?

Depending on the event and where you are holding the event, you may need to apply for an Event Permit.

Even if the building is a place of assembly (eg. a sport hall) or a place of worship (eg. temple, church or other denominational building), you or the owner may need other types of planning consent from Council to hold your event.

You might also need a permit for any event signage you are considering?

You should be aware that if you require a permit or planning consent from Council and you do not obtain it, you could be liable to fines and further legal action for your un-permitted event.

Contact Council’s events and property teams for advice before you begin planning your event.